Breast Reconstruction Surgery in Miami, FL
Average Cost: From $ 12,000
Here at The Maercks Institute, we know that losing your breasts to a mastectomy can deal a serious blow to your femininity and self-esteem. Dr. Maercks offers breast reconstruction to patients that have already overcome the worst that life hast to offer. Breast reconstruction surgery can restore the shape, volume and contour of the breast as it is completely reconstructed.
Rebuilding your breasts is often a necessary step to rebuilding your life after cancer. Traditional breast implants are no longer the only option when you want to rebuild your body. Dr. Maercks uses a variety of techniques, some with natural tissue from your body to create a soft, feminine look you can be proud of.
Surgical Procedures for Reconstruction
Every patient is unique and should speak closely with Dr. Maercks before deciding on the right procedure to repair the breast area. Reconstruction surgery can only be performed on those whose cancer has been completely removed from the body. Patients should also be mentally and emotionally prepared before surgery is performed.
Dr. Maercks is here to offer his qualified opinion about which procedure is right for you. He offers the following procedures for breast reconstruction:
- Traditional breast implant reconstruction – Tissue expanders stretch the skin to make place for implants
- Latissimus dorsi flap method – Donor tissue from the upper back is used to create a pocket for the implant
- Transverse rectus abdominis muscle (TRAM) – Fat and skin are grafted from the abdominal area to create the new breast
- Deep inferior epigastric artery perforator flap (DIEP) – Disconnection of blood vessels in the abdominal area and reconnection to those in the chest wall
- Superior gluteal artery perforator (SGAP) – Donor site is a flap from the buttock area
No matter which procedure you choose, we are here to ensure that it is completed successfully. You may be sore for several weeks after your surgery, and adjustment time is often necessary once new breasts are created. Our ultimate goal is to help increase your self-confidence by giving your breasts back.
Call us today at 305-328-8256 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Maercks, and to start your journey to a more confident life.